Friday, September 18, 2026

AI isn't a threat ... yet

If you are unaware your entire 'web experience' is curated to suit the desires of powerful IT megalomaniacs.  The results you see searching anything on the web is managed by algorithms to provide you the results they want you see.  Your search signals interests, which they catalog to use in manipulating you, the results filtered to produce what you perceive to be true, real, reliable.    

That's why it's free - you are the product, not a client.

In trying to catch your eye and create acceptance with the message AI manages the stupid little ads that surround the stuff you wanted to read ... which itself was managed to coerce you in a desired direction.  In my case AI knows I've a military background and I  am over 70.   So, AI uses that information to make the spam ads more appealing to me by ... having the AI generated characters in the ads wear military uniforms.  

The fact that there are no 70 year olds in uniform hasn't yet occurred to AI ...yet.  So my ads are frequently unintentionally hilarious.

And I guess, since I'm over 70, I'm supposed to be living in terror of dementia ... (these are all from the first 3 web pages I saw this morning) 







 ... and really respect the opinion of septuagenarian ladies in poorly rendered military uniforms.

AI?  It appears to me that the Butlerian Jihad is still way off in our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: